|SQL Server Integration Services|
SSIS provides the ability to:
- Extract or retrieve data from just about any source. e.g OLEDB source,Excel source,etc.
- perform various Transformations on the data; e.g. convert from one type to another, convert to uppercase or lowercase, perform calculations, etc.
- Load data into just about any source
- Define a workflow
Data Transformation Services (DTS) which was available with SQL Server 7.0 and
SQL Server 2000. SSIS builds on the capabilities introduced with DTS.
In order to successfully build an SSIS package these are the steps to Follow.........
- Creating SSIS packages with SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS)
- Creating a simple SSIS package in BIDS
- Deploying SSIS packages
- Executing SSIS packages